Sustenir Kale Gnocchi with Turkey Ham and Kale Cream Sauce
This handrolled gnocchi recipe is simple, delicious and a fun activity to get the kids involved in making their own dinner! We have given the traditional gnocchi a unique twist by using Sustenir Kale as part of the ingredients. This is a great way to get kids to eat their greens.
Gnocchi’s has a plump, pillowy texture with a mild, delicate flavour, making them the perfect match for pairing with rich tomato, cream-based sauces. We have a cream-based sauce here paired with turkey ham in time for the festive season! Try out this simple recipe now and switch out your pasta for gnocchi night!
Total cook time: 45mins
Level of difficulty: Easy
Get all the ingredients on Redmart now.
Ingredients for Sustenir Kale and Potato Gnocchi
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 40g of Sustenir Kale (either Kinky Kale or Toscano Kale will do).
- 1 Egg
- ½ a teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of working flour
- Steam unpeeled potatoes for about 8 – 10 mins on medium-high heat until they are soft.
- Set them aside to rest and ensure that they are dry before rolling them.
- Finely chop the Sustenir kale.
- Remove the skin off the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes in a big mixing bowl and then the salt, eggs, plain flour and kale.
- Knead the entire mixture into a dough. Do ensure the flour is fully mixed in and the dough is soft and smooth.
- Dust your cooking table with the working flour to prepare to roll the gnocchi
- Portion out your dough roughly into 6 portions. They can be rolled into long rows of dough about 2.5cm wide.
- Cut the rows of gnocchi into smaller pieces about 2cm each.
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water and add gnocchi to boil.
- Your gnocchi is good to go when they float to the surface.
- Drizzle with touch of olive oil to finish.
Ingredients for Turkey Ham & Kale Cream Sauce
- 6 pieces of smoked turkey ham – to julienne
- 50gm of Sustenir Kinky Kale
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cooking cream
- 2 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- A pinch of black pepper for taste
- Heat up a pan, add the butter and turkey ham to sauté.
- Add cooking cream, kale and a pinch of black pepper.
- Cook for a 1 min.
- Add in your kale gnocchi, and lightly sautéed until the sauce is infused into the gnocchi
- Finish with grated parmesan cheese and ready to serve!