Inspired by a @jeanetteaw recipe, local recipe creator and homecook @ShootandSpoon creatively combined our kale and one of our juices to create a delicious, fluffy chiffon cake! Here’s how you can do the same at home:
Cake flour (sifted) 102 gram
Sugar 90 gram
Baking soda 1gram
Salt 2 gram
water 33 gram
Kale Yeah juice 20 gram
Kale essence 30 gram
Egg yolk 58 gram
Corn oil 48 gram
Egg white 135 gram
Sugar 45 gram
1. Blend Kale 15 gram with water 6 tbsp, and sifted it to get the kale essence.
2. Mix egg yolk with corn oil until well combine and add on water, kale yeah juice and kale essence.
3. Add on ingredients at bowl 1 to bowl 2 and mix well.
4. Using a mixer, mix egg white and sugar from bowl 3 until stiff peak.
5. Take 1/3 from bowl 3 add into bowl 1 and gently combine, and repeat the remaining batter.
6. Bake 150 degree for 40 to 50 mins, depends on your oven. I bake for 45 mins.